Paper cups are much popular in facilities like commercial centres, hospitals, offices, schools and so on. While compared to typical cups, paper cups offer more benefits. These cups are more advantageous in comparison to plastic cups. Paper cups that can be recycled may be defined as green paper cups.
Such cups gained popularity mostly in 1918 during the flu epidemic in America. Thousands of people used such cups to avoid infection. These were meant for promoting public hygiene. Though paper cups are available in many varieties, cups used for cold drinks and cups used for hot beverages are more accepted. Paper cups are made from paper or board. Later, they are laminated with a thin polythene sheet. The bottom of the cup remains sealed with a disc. In most cases, paper cups are disposable.
Benefits of using paper cups
Some of the important benefits of paper cups are as follows:
– Such cups are made from paper, which is a disposable material. And thus, it decomposes easily. It is simple to recycle paper. Besides, you can easily crumple the cups in a better way than plastic cups. And this makes it more compactable.
– Paper cups are recyclable. A pulp is formed with paper and water. This pulp can be further used to make new cups.
– Disposable paper cups are the cleanest products owing to their biodegradable property. Paper is made from trees and thus it usually doesn’t contain any toxic matter.
– Paper cups can be found in various sizes and shapes. You can find these cups in different designs as well. You can dispose of the cups easily.
– It is a safer version of cups in comparison to plastic cups. Green paper cups are very much in trend. Paper doesn’t react chemically with any of such consumables. Thus, whether you consume hot or cold beverages from these cups, it is absolutely safe.
– People prefer to use paper cups as they are light in weight. You can carry them around without carrying much weight.
Different types of cup dispensers can be seen in restaurants, hospitals, and offices. This helps to store and dispense such cups without causing any damage. Cup dispensers are available in many varieties to store cups of different shapes and sizes
Benefits of recycling paper cups
There are many reasons to recycle paper cups. Let’s find out some of them.
Less number of cups will go to landfills for rotting and decaying.
Manufacturing paper cups need deforestation. By recycling, you will need to cut fewer trees. And thus, it can reduce deforestation.
By recycling such cups, you actually will promote recycling on a larger scale.
Recycling paper cups
is an effective way to go green. Foodservice industry should promote this green campaign by collaborating manufacturers of these items. They should also engage food packaging companies that are aiming to provide greener and cleaner products to their consumers.